Wednesday, January 16, 2013

SURGERY Today


   This is what Melissa wrote after we left her tonight -- The wonder of being loved is indeed a wonder. Would you please put how favored and cared for I feel in the blog? People have been so encouraging and present. Pls mention Tim, the bear hugger, Maddie, and those EPIC MASHED POTATOES. Prayer for deep sleep and low anxiety levels. I feel like this week was the perfect amt of time for max healing/safe operation. That it was all detected itself before being fatal is a big blessing. Great surgery time of day for Dr. focus and recovery. If prayer can do it, the surgery tomorrow is gonna be smooth and successful.

Good morning. Karin and I and our son Tim are enjoying Melissa's company before she is wheeled in to surgery. She is ready-- having stabilized from the impact of Thursday night. Last night we enjoyed such a blessed blend of deep gratefulness and love. Melissa's sweet spirit made the looming surgery almost forgotten. But now we are here. A meeting with surgeon Dr Koynezhad yesterday settled every concern I had. I have no doubts that now is the time for this operation. And I know God us with us. Your prayers are holding us up. 

Karin is combing Melissa's hair - . Melissa is singing doo wa diddy diddy dum diddy doo. And Tim has joined in harmony. I have a funny family. The cardiologist and prep nurse fuss at us for making Melissa laugh too much. And we always glance up at the BP monitor screen Gotta stay under 100 systolic. Or the monitor alarm fusses at us too

Melissa gets a Dacron aortic root in a couple hours. Lifetime warranty on parts. Labor extra. I confess being uneasy about the idea of them stopping her heart and chilling it for a few hours then jump starting it again. Repaired with the same material in my socks.

We all prayed with Matt and Sarah Moore before we turned in last night. I drifted to Melissa's delight in the mashed potatoes I bought and smuggled in to her. Don't worry Doc said it was ok. I mused on the hundreds of expressions of love we have gotten. I pondered her expression as missy said "I'm the most loved person on earth. ". And I thought, "i too am the most loved. My church loves me and my family. They are fully behind us. ". My dad and mom are praying. It is well with our souls. 

Life is strange and love makes it ok. As we waited in a visitor lobby a young man was freaking out on his cell phone. He was yelling into the air, swearing and fuming aloud to himself. The 8 or so people around us exchanged uneasy glances. Some felt pity and some annoyance. God helped me up from my chair and to the frazzled boy. After his call I told told him I was a dad and loved my kids. I told him I knew he was upset about his dad and that I was praying for him. The anxiety passed for a moment. After concluding I wasn't a kook he relaxed the tension on his face and sighed. Thanks he said. I smiled and said I was glad to be there. How could anybody face major surgery without love to uphold? Freaking out is altogether reasonable without love. We feel immersed in your love. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment